Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Well, in contrast to the last two years when I spent hours coming up with (and sewing!) clever family costumes, this 6-weeks-away-from-delivering-a-new-baby mom had no mental (or physical!) energy to do anything creative for Halloween this year. Instead, the Halloween mantra was: "Whatever costumes we have on hand, those are your choices, boys." (Our neighbors who have hosted a big costume party the last two years did not do so this year, eliminating the need to outfit myself and Cody. Whew!)

Anyhow, Cameron was going to be a pirate on the front the Batman on the back. I am not exactly sure how this was going to work, but I never found out because he changed his mind and decided to be Luke Skywalker. He wore his karate gee with a belt from another costume and carried his blue light sabor. Pretty clever, I thought! Although he was in desperate need of a haircut, he wouldn't allow me to cut his hair until after Halloween because, apparently, Luke Skywalker's hair is shaggy too. Gordon chose the lion costume that Cameron wore two years ago.

I've also included a few photos from the kindergarten "Fall Carnival" held on Halloween at Cameron's school. Gordon and I stopped by, and Gordon got in on the face painting. HIlarious!















And back when I had some creative juices . . . . Two years ago, the Lee Family headed off to Oz, and last year Neverland.