Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Gift for Mom and Dad

Cameron made us a Christmas gift at school. He very carefully walked it out to the car, because there was something breakable inside, and then proceeded to use all of his powers of negotiation to get me to open it up right then and there. Our conversation went something like this:

Cam: Mom, don't you want to open it right now?
Me: No, I'd like to have something to open on Christmas morning.
Cam: But don't you want to know what it is?
Me: Yes, but I'd like to wait to open it.
Cam: Can I at least tell you want is it?
Me: No.
Cam: Don't you even care what it is?
Me: Yes, of course I care what it is, but I'd like it to be a surprise.
Cam: But mom, you'll be really glad to have it before Christmas.
Me: OK, well, maybe daddy and I can open it up tonight.
Cam: Well, can I give you a clue?
Me: No, I don't want you to ruin the surprise.
Cam: Well, all I'll tell you is that it's somebody that they wanted to kill. Oh, and his mom and dad are in there, too,

Why, whatever could this gift be?!?!?!?!

(In the end, yes, we did open it that night. . . . and we love it! )