Friday, May 30, 2008

Choosing the Sex of Your Baby: Thoughts from a 5-Year-Old Boy

Today Cameron said, "Mom, I really hope that we have a baby boy instead of a baby girl. Do you want to know why?" "Why?" I asked. "Well, because we already have all the clothes and stuff we need for a boy so we won't have to do a bunch of shopping." "Oh," I asked, "Is it that you don't want me to go shopping and spend a bunch of money, or you just don't want to come shopping with me?" "I don't want to come shopping with you and have to be good in the store." When I suggested that if we have a girl I could leave him at home while I went shopping for girl stuff, he got a big smile on his face and said that that would be fine. :-) Time will tell if we get to recycle the boy stuff one more time or if we (I) "have" to go shopping . . . (Either way will be OK!)